Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Home again home again jiggity jig

Hello all, sitting here in the freeze of a March snowstorm, I am really wishing I was back South again. Yes, I got to get away for 7 days, four of which where in Florida with my college best friend and 3 days on a business meeting. Now dressing again in woolies after wearing shorts etc, well, I have to say I am longing for warm weather.

My mini private vacation revitilized me and my hopes and ideas for sewing and the shoppe. I am so thankful that I have my little corner of the world for things that I love. Even with our economic world turning upside down on an hourly basis, I am happy that sewing will always need supplies.

Now I have the coming excitement of Beverley Sheldrick and her beautiful Shawl. Then we continue on with the Spring and summer sewing, new things coming in. And personally, I have my son's wedding to look to...yes I am sewing and making my outfit. LOL...anyone have a pattern out there...?? Traditional, princess lines, sleeveless a-line gown...size 20 at least. I intend to cover it with a blouse/jacket by Vaune Pierce called Elegant Couture...in Silk Shantung. I even plan to bead my own buttons!! YES...they are neat. Let's see...only 13+ weeks to go...1/4 of a year, three months, oh I have plenty of time...stay tuned....I will get it done.

Hope to see you all sometime in the future at the shoppe. Keep stitching...



More information and details may be found at
http://www.littlesewingshoppe.com

No comments: