Tuesday, October 6, 2009

HOME from Indy

Sew....sew....I left on Sunday, Sept 27 for Maryland, from the shoppe. Then Monday, 28th my friend Barbara Meger and I left for the 600+ mile trip to Indianapolis Indiana. Where did we go?? Well...to the SAGA 30th annual convention of course. IT WAS FANTASTIC!! Even more so for the people who took all classes. ME? I am currently the Region One Rep for SAGA, making me one of the volunteer board members who are very busy keeping SAGA moving forward and running all year long, but that is not what you want to hear about.

Anyway, I did take two wonderful quick classes. First was a very very sweet doll dress, smocked of course with some lovely little bunnies. I did not take pictures, shame I know...but the dress itself will be done soon. Tess Ellenwood was the teacher and I will have her come spread her fun and talent at the shoppe sometime soon.

The second class was Sunday morning, which is the ultimate "morning" after!! Banquet is Saturday night, good food, good fun and all the baskets are won at banquet. I have brought one home...not for me but for a fellow SAGA pal...shhh not telling until I call her!! There is so much fun at banquet and then after it's a late night...so class Sunday morning...toothpicks help keep the eyes open!!

My bullion class with Vaune was wonderful. And again, this time because my camera was broken, no photos. But her stitching instructions were wonderful and I have conviction that the little baby dress [blue linen] will be done soon.

There is also Market at convention...a super store of all things for wonderful sewing and smocking projects. Fabric, laces, tools, patterns, ideas, ribbons, fun, laughteter. I came home with a few things...some which will be for the shoppe...some for me.

Fun seeing everyone, listening to all the ohh's and ahhs at Show n Share and Design Show...Thank you Maggie B!! I admit to 'over patting' the winner of Design Show...I do apologize Euny. Her lovely dress shows how smocking can be included in adult wear. I know she wore it Saturday to a family wedding!!

Teacher showcase always fills me with awe as I look at all the wonderful ideas, classes, and meet teachers who want to share our love of sewing and the needle arts.
NOW poof...after 6 days of sewing fun...Home again...Thank you Barbara! a smooth and easy car ride home to Maryland. Now I am back in New Jersey and will sort through and get my things organized and get busy on my UFO"S from 2009.
Look for some fun things coming to the 'shoppe' and classes too!! Keep Stitching everyone!!










No comments: