Thursday, June 10, 2010

A quick obsession


The current issue of Australian Smocking and Embroidery [#91] has a dress "FROCKSTAR" in it. I have had this fabric in my own 'stash' for almost a year. It turned out quite well. Size 4. I think it should be longer...but I have to see it on some little lady first.
This project took up MY weekend...I was obsessed. It actually took about 2 hours to smock, and about 4 hours to put together.

The original Frockstar is done in Amy Butler Fabric...very modern and sweet. I hope to get some of that fabric in for my customer friends. But in the meantime...this shows you how it can be in something totally different.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sara said...

what a darling style!! You did a great job!!

Kathy said...

I think I like this fabric better than the original Amy Butler version.
It looks like this will go on my "make it" list after all.

Goosegirl said...

Oh I love it!!! I wish I could find my copy of this magazine. I lost it somewhere but am going to order another one so I can make this little dress. I love yours. SO very pretty!