Thursday, July 8, 2010

Waiting for JJ


A very random and quick posting of my busy work the last few days while waiting for JJ to arrive. We are all getting very impatient to meet this little one. And dear Danielle is very tired of waiting, as we can all appreciate the mother's viewpoint.
Smocked cap is Judith Marquis pattern...I made the next to small size...up to 12 pounds I believe. It looks big to me, but I am sure will work.

.
Fabric is Fabric Finders cotton Chambray. It was a 'leftover' piece that I was not quite a yard by 58 wide. Thrifty cutting including bias for piping!!

Michie's pleated bubble with his initials on the center pleat. Size 3months

I am a very impatient grandma...I pray dear baby arrives soon, safe and quickly. Certainly would be a delightful distraction from the summer heat! Hope he likes his new outfit! 
The summer heat is brutal, and the shoppe lost power late Wednesday afternoon, so I am hoping this morning it is restored. Sadly, the phones are also out when power is out...sad.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sally said...

Baby JJ's clothes are beautiful as I am sure he is.!!

Ohhhhh, the wait!! I can only say, as a gramma, it is WORTH the wait.

God is good, and he will take care of all of you. I go online every day expecting to hear the announcement. :)

It has been over 100 degrees for so many days here in VA that I think it will be summer forvever - no complaints about that!

Love, hugs, blessings, Sally

Laurie said...

Beautiful work - LOVE the bubble and hat!!