Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not a Sewing tidbit...but a first...

Well, yesterday was my first visit with a new medical practice.  Not having medical insurance for almost 3 years, I have done alot of praying and hoping for the best with my health. Now, starting with a new doc is not something I take lightly.  So after much discussion, we picked a group that our son and daughter in law use, plus her parents etc. 

I called and got an appointment for next day...whoo hoo...good job...other practices have been...well let's plan for 1 month from now. I digress...

Got it together [and took the grandson/baby] and arrived on time. [not my usual habit]. Did the paper work...and wow...in to see the Nurse Practicioner within 15 minutes.  It's a good day.  Weight check...welll...we can skip that part...we know what that is.  But wow...the BP check...normal range...YAHOO.   So...my only  problem....ankle swelling...which has been around for a while now...ever since my first pregnancy 30 years ago...;-(

So now I am the proud recepient/owner of my first 'mature'? daily prescription.  A mild diuretic.  Starting tomorrow...I guess I am supposed to feel 'grown up' now...NOT...and no I do not feel 'mature' either. 
Guess that [maturity] may have to come later.

No comments: