Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Happy New Year 2017


Haven't forgotten about the blog. Just have had very little to post about.  And yet there has been much happening in my world.  Some stitching and such, but more about family and life in general.  In truth, my New Year started back in the early days of November. And as I look back in the blog I now realize why I didn't post the news...it was to be a surprise!!

The family surprise is/was that my second son, Bryan, whom had moved to Florida in March of 2016, came back to NJ the first Sunday of November.  He is staying with me until his wife and son come back at the end of their lease. Main reason: job security and income,  Personal reason...it wasn't what they hoped for. Truthfully, for myself...I am very happy to have them back. Brantley, is the only baby of my grands that I have not had much time with. And from the looks of things, he is his father's identical self [as a small fry].  Yes my wishes came true, but I still am anxious to spend time with him and get to know him.  Soon.

So needless to say, I have been busy. First rearranging the stash storage and making room for Bryan, Then there comes the holiday preparations. And not for nothing, the older son made Thanksgiving a real nail biter.  Winding up in the Hospital on Sunday night with a bad case of diverticulitis. First time...and it was worrisome. He came through okay and is now on normal mode. [we pray].  So my turkey is still in freezer,  Guess it will have to be my 'birthday' dinner,,coming up soon.

Christmas was, as it always is, lovely and delicious and crazy,  It will always have a shadow preceding it for the rest of our lives with Hank's absence. Yet I feel that all of us have come through this first year in good shape.  Life is for us to live, love and enjoy. Something that grief can put a stop to. We have not let that happen and I see joy and happiness resurfacing more and more in the entire family.

So that my friends, is the summation of 2016 and my feelings going into this New Year 2017,  Wishing each and every one of you all a Healthy, wonderful and best year ever.  My sincere resolution? hopefully more frequent blogging? A few pounds down [of course], more sewing,...yes, and always a good life.

All the youngsters including cousins.
 Bryan and family were not here=that's another fun story...later.
And with my sister and myself.  
My house is packed full with all of us!! But we had a good time.

Happy 2017 


No comments: